COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard (MDHHS)
If you are 65 and older and are interested in receiving automated messaging regarding vaccine appointments please call and leave us message at the following number:
The Shiawassee County Health Department (SCHD) is following Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and Centers of Disease control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for prioritization of distribution of COVID-19 vaccines to individuals. These recommendations are based on input from the Advisory Committee on Immunizations Practices (ACIP), a federal advisory committee made up of medical and public health experts who develop recommendations on the use of vaccines in the United States.
The defined populations for different vaccination phases are:
- Phase 1A: healthcare workers, emergency medical service workers, long-term care, assisted living/skilled nursing facility staff and residents.
- Phase 1B: frontline essential workers in critical infrastructure (ex. includes education, police, first responders, frontline state and federal workers, jail and prison staff, and pre-k-12 teachers and childcare providers) and individuals that are 65 years and older.
- Phase 1BC: Other essential workers (food and agriculture, critical manufacturing, public transit, grocery store, U.S. Postal Service, and other workers with unique skill sets not covered above).
- Phase 1C: individuals aged 16-74 at high risk for severe COVID-19 illness, adults 65 and older, and some essential workers that were not included in prior phases.
- Phase 2: all individuals 16* and older who did not otherwise fit into earlier groups (*Moderna vaccine is ONLY available to those 18 and older).
More information about Michigan Priority Groups can be found by reading the Michigan COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Prioritization Guidance
8 Things to Know About the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program